FRAMING CONSULTATIONS BY APPOINTMENT
book your framing consultation today!
We are excited to begin working with you in person again in a safe way. New plexiglas sneeze guards have been installed on our consultation tables and check out counter to create a see-through barrier between us as we design together. All surfaces are disinfected between clients, and a limited number of appointments are available per day. Face masks are mandatory for everyone's safety and will be provided at the door for anyone without one.
We look forward to helping you create your perfect framed art!
Benefits of framing with main Street ARt
- Free art consultation in the shop
- Professionally trained framers
- At home or office art consultation
- Acid free mats and backing
- Conservation glazing with UV protection
- Experienced designers & artists
- Extensive mat & moulding selection
- Creative design opportunities
- Shipping & at home delivery
As we navigate these unprecedented times, we're finding new ways to design and complete custom framing projects for you. Through virtual consults, we'll create the same inspired designs you've come to expect while following social distancing guidelines to keep us all safe.
- Connect with us via phone or email. Give us your vision, size parameters and budget.
- Drop-off your work Wed./Sat. 10 am - 5 pm. or, call us to schedule a drop-off appointment. Lay your artwork on the table outside and make your way back to your car. Then give us call a (248-684-1004) so we know to bring it inside.
- We'll take pictures of 3-4 designs, with pricing, and share them with you via email.
- Once you approve a design, we'll send you an invoice by email for you to make your 50% deposit.
- Now you sit back and relax while we build and fit your custom frame!
- When the project is complete, we will call to arrange final payment and contactless pickup/delivery.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we navigate this "new normal." We look forward to creating beautiful art for you to enjoy in your home or office!Contact Us
Recently moved house or redecorating? We can help you build your perfect space! Our staff is made up of 100% artists trained with an eye for design and a custom framing knowledge base. Let us help you curate your home with unique pieces of art that you love!
We can help you:
- Comb through our curated collection and catalog of artwork, specializing in Michigan artists, to find the perfect piece
- Assess the condition of your current art collection and make recommendations
- Choose art and framing designs to complement your decor & vision
- Preserve your art through museum quality conservation framing
conservation is our top priority
Ever notice how Grandma's old sailboat print on the wall looks like something from Picasso's blue period or a newspaper from the 1920's? Unfortunately, most artwork is not preserved correctly, and this leads to major discoloring and fading.
Here's what we did to protect the piece on the left:
- Acid Free Ragmat underneath the work
- Acid Free Linen Hinging Tape to mount the work
- Acid Free Foam Backing
- Conservation Clear Glazing, which blocks out 99% damaging UV rays
designed to let the art shine
At Main Street Art, we may go gaga over pretty mouldings, but we know the #1 rule of framing is to let the work shine – a frame is meant to complement the art, not steal the spotlight.
Here's what we did to let this painting on paper shine:
- Float Mount to display the beautifully deckled edges
- Spacers in between the moulding and the mat gives depth and dimension
- Gorgeous 2 1/4" width flint black wood moulding that complements the work