stop by today!
Benefits of framing with Main Street Art
- Free art consultation in the shop
- Professionally trained framers
- At home or office art consultation
- Acid free mats and backing
- Conservation glazing with UV protection
- Experienced designers & artists
- Extensive mat & moulding selection
- Creative design opportunities
- Shipping & at home delivery
conservation is our top priority
Ever notice how Grandma's old sailboat print on the wall looks like something from Picasso's blue period or a newspaper from the 1920's? Unfortunately, most artwork is not preserved correctly, and this leads to major discoloring and fading.
Here's what we did to protect the piece on the left:
- Acid Free Ragmat underneath the work
- Acid Free Linen Hinging Tape to mount the work
- Acid Free Foam Backing
- Conservation Clear Glazing, which blocks out 99% damaging UV rays
designed to let the art shine
At Main Street Art, we may go gaga over pretty mouldings, but we know the #1 rule of framing is to let the work shine – a frame is meant to complement the art, not steal the spotlight.
Here's what we did to let this painting on paper shine:
- Float Mount to display the beautifully deckled edges
- Spacers in between the moulding and the mat gives depth and dimension
- Gorgeous 2 1/4" width flint black wood moulding that complements the work