Happy Holidays!! 🎄
We know it's only a little early, but we are already thinking about our favorite event of the year:
The Big Reveal!
We want this year to be spectacular so we are inviting 16 artists and 20 art students to participate in creating a masterpiece for our Christmas window.
What's the Window Going to Be?
Shh! Not so loud! You know I can't tell you the full idea...plus a lot of it will be up to the artists. What I can tell you is that every artist will recieve a 14x18 or 8x10 piece of "base art" dry mounted poster of a well-known old master's painting to work their magic on. Then, Main Street Art will frame these masterpieces in gold!
The aforementioned magic can include, but is not limited to, adding paint, mixed media, hot glued holiday decorations, fiber art, LEDs (that are easily operated)... 🖌🎨🧵💡 whatever our artists' creative hearts desire! (Artists are responsible for providing their own decorating materials.)
Enter to Win + Give Back!
If you're an artist, you might be asking, "what's in it for me?" Helping crown Main Street Art the best Christmas window on Main St, of course! (JK, though we wouldn't be opposed to that 👑😍).
We are so exciting to offer artists chance to win a Main Street Art gift card through the People's Choice Award contests! PLUS, while you're competing, you'll be raising money for our favorite art group, the Peacock Art Club 🦚❤️. Awesome!
There will additionally be an opportunity to sell your piece if you wish. 14x18 pieces will be set at $100, and 8x10 pieces at $40. You can opt for receiving a 50% commission, where the other 50% will be donated to PAC. Or, you may choose to contribute your commission towards PAC as well. Your choice on whether you wish to keep your commission or give it to PAC will be kept completely confidential. This is a judgement free zone!
The People's Choice Award Contests
These won't be your everyday popularity contests. We love supporting the Peacock Art Club (PAC) at the Suzanne Haskew Arts Center (SHAC), so we've found a way to make giving to them part of the fun!
After the Big Reveal, we will open up two contests (one for the larger artists' pieces and one the smaller art students' pieces) to the community who will be able to vote on their favorite Christmas window masterpiece. The artist and art student with the most votes at the end of the voting period will win $100 and $50 Main Street Art gift cards, respectively.
BUT here's the catch. Community members will be able to purchase more votes through donations ($1.00 = 1 vote) to the Peacock Art Club! Each piece of art will have an accompanying donation box for people to cast their "donation votes". At the end of the contest, the "donation votes" will be counted and 100% of the money will be donated directly to PAC to support student tuition and supplies.
Contest Details for the Artist:
(1) Submit your name, group affiliation and email below.
(2) Selection of artists will occur on a first come-first serve basis. Once all spaces are filled, artists will be added to a waitlist. Expect an email to your inbox with more info a few days after submission.
(3) Pickup of the base artwork will be available Tuesday, October 4 - Saturday, October 22. Any selected artist who does not pick up their base art during that time will have their spot given to the next person on the waitlist.
(4) Submissions of completed artwork must be returned to Main Street Art by Saturday, November 5.
(5) Artists are invited to a pre-party at Main Street Art the night of the Big Reveal (time TBD) for hors d'ourves, light refreshments and a first look at the windows.
(6) Voting for People's Choice Award for the best Christmas window art will take place from the Big Reveal through December 30th.
(7) We will announce the People's Choice Award winner on New Year's Eve. The lucky winners will recieve their gift cards (artist $100, art student $50) via email that day and can pick up a physical copy in store in the new year!